Menu

Picture This! Bible Curriculum...

Here is the link...http://www.bibledraw.com/index.html

What are your experiences with it?

What age range do you think would benefit more from it? My guys will be in 1st and 3rd.

Is it too distracting? Do you find that they focus more one what is being drawn then what is being said? Does that really matter?

Is this a program that can be used from year to year? Meaning...Can I stretch it out over a few years?

Thank you! :001_smile:

I saw this at a conference and ordered it; although I haven't received it yet. I spoke to the authors of the curriculum and asked some of these questions. Now let me see if I can remember the answers!

I THINK she said it was originally designed for 5th-8th grade, although they have successfully used it with younger students, such as 3rd grade (like in Sunday School). She said in those cases, they would give word lists for them to copy from for the part they were suppose to write in the picture. She said for even younger students, you could just give them the picture to color. This may be more ideal if you were going through it with older children and wanted to include younger siblings. However, it would be most beneficial for those who are able to do most of the drawing/tracing on their own.

She said in the Christian schools they went through the program in a year (I THINK...maybe it was 2 years)....but she said if you're doing it at home that you should take a much slower pace and do only a section of the picture (book of the Bible) at a time...

I asked her about repeating it, and she said that most (older) kids retain so much from it that there isn't usually a need to go back through the program again. However, if you started the program with a younger child (especially if they start out just coloring the page), then you could most definitely go through it again when they can handle the drawing/tracing/writing.....

So with all that I THINK I remember, 1st-3rd grade may be a little young to get the MOST out of the program....

When my husband gets home, i'll ask him if he remembers anything else about it....or if anything i said needs correcting...

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I LOVE the Picture This materials!! I used it one year as we read through Genesis to 2nd Kings. The kids STILL remember all that we read because it helped them get all the details organized in their mind. We used it for 1st through 9th grade, and it was great.

Jill

Ecclesiastes is weird. I don't get the point the author is trying to make. Check out the drunk Solomon holding a glass of beer,

The curriculum as a whole seems to stress the idea that all scripture is inspired, but I'm not sure if the author thinks Ecclesiastes is inspired. There are lots of facts thrown out, but I don't understand the big picture the author is trying to make.

• 2 weeks later...