Menu

Do your kids emulate you as teacher to their younger sibs?

Becca is so cute with Sylvia. She gets that teacher/mommy tone of voice (sweet, yet authoritative) and talks about doing school work with Sylvia - practicing letters, counting things, etc. She took seriously her privilege of reading out loud to Sylvia and is a little miffed that Sylvia can now read on her own and wants to do so. Sylvia loves playing along as a student.

Several weeks ago, she gave me the best compliment ever. She was working with Sylvia on her reading and being so sweet and gentle, yet firm and encouraging correct pronunciation, helping her to not get frustrated... I noticed across the room and my heart just swelled. I told Becca later that I noticed what she was doing and how nicely she was helping Sylvia, being patient and encouraging, and she said, "I was being just like you Mommy!" :001_smile:

Your kids sound just adorable.

Sure, my 15yo bosses around her (slightly) younger brother, tells him what to do all the time, and how and when to do it, and he returns the favour with a good wrestle on the floor to teach her a lesson. :001_smile::glare:

Gosh, I miss those cute, younger days. :001_smile: Mmm, maybe they weren't much different, I can't remember.

Sure, my 15yo bosses around her (slightly) younger brother, tells him what to do all the time, and how and when to do it, and he returns the favour with a good wrestle on the floor to teach her a lesson. :001_smile::glare:

Gosh, I miss those cute, younger days. :001_smile:

:lol: Sounds like my house, too! The boys tend to instruct in a physical fashion (tee hee) as mentioned above, but the girls do get on their mommy voice, stand in the same spot, try to use the board...it's funny to watch. I'm really glad, though, b/c I'm hoping they'll home school too!

Well, I'm due with #3 in August, and my two girls are 10 and 15 (don't know the gender of the new dumpling). They already have all sorts of plans about what they're going to teach him/her and how. Not surprisingly, due to their personalities, dd10 is all about nurturing, and dd15 just wants to keep the kid in line! I guess they emulate me in both respects, but they're really just being themselves. I love to see siblings teaching each other. :001_smile: