Menu

Umm, my 2 yo just ate a WHOLE pack of gum?

HOw bad is this? She ATE the WHOLE thing. I was helping my ds practice his piano and weht to check on my other 3 and found an empty package of gum Trident and a smiling and chewing 2 yr old.:eek: Should I be worried about this or just start being a better mom:( or both?

Thanks

Katty

HOw bad is this? She ATE the WHOLE thing. I was helping my ds practice his piano and weht to check on my other 3 and found an empty package of gum Trident and a smiling and chewing 2 yr old.:eek: Should I be worried about this or just start being a better mom:( or both?

Thanks

Katty

It won't hurt her. It'll just pass through the tube.

You don't need to worry. And let's see: 1) you were helping a child practice piano and 2) you checked on the kids. You're going to have to work a durn sight harder if you want to win the bad mom of the year award around here.

;)

• Like 1

It could have been worse: she could have chewed up the entire pack, but not swallowed it, getting it everywhere - all over herself and her clothes, and the bedspread that she was supposed to be napping on. That was the day I arbitrarily decided that one must be 5 to have chewing gum. Now (2 years later), at 4 1/2, she is counting the days until her 5th birthday, and I think everyone that knows this story will be giving her a pack of gum for her birthday. ;)

Oh, my ds did that! I had forgotten and now I'm laughing!

Yes, he ate my entire pack of Trident gum too - I think he was maybe 4yo, or close to it at the time. Anyway, he didn't get sick (and I was worried too), but he did smell of peppermint for two straight days, LOL!! Honestly, peppermint was coming out of his pores! His B.M.'s smelled like peppermint - everything. Oh it was sooo funny. Thanks for reminding me of that. I need to go put it in his baby book lest I forget again.

WHEW, I called the nurse and she said all was probably ok, Thanks soooo much for the reassurance! When dh got home he told me the pack was from HIS bag--grrr and there were not 18 sticks, but 4. I feel much better.

I am so glad that I am not the only one whose kid "but I yike gum, mommy". I looked on one site after googling "ate pack gum" and one poster's respon se was "well, my twins have never eaten anything bad. You really need to just watch your children better" YIKES. Thanks for being normal and not like that.

Have a great day!

Katty

• 15 years later...
On 3/3/2008 at 7:09 AM, mom2tbcnm said:

WHEW, I called the nurse and she said all was probably ok, Thanks soooo much for the reassurance! When dh got home he told me the pack was from HIS bag--grrr and there were not 18 sticks, but 4. I feel much better.

I am so glad that I am not the only one whose kid "but I yike gum, mommy". I looked on one site after googling "ate pack gum" and one poster's respon se was "well, my twins have never eaten anything bad. You really need to just watch your children better" YIKES. Thanks for being normal and not like that.

Have a great day!

Katty

15 yrs later I'll join this convo. My 3yr old ate an entire pack of gum today. Here's hoping he's fine. We be been parents for 15 yrs and have 5 kids but he's the first to pull this stunt!

• Like 1