Menu

For Educators: Free iPod Touch with purchase of a Mac

Apple is again offering educators (including home educators) a free iPod Touch with the purchase of any Mac. They also have special prices on the computers and select software for Educators and Students. They even offer a discount for the One-to-One training (one year of weekly individual training on your computer -- I highly recommend it!) I took advantage of this offer last summer, and I've been thrilled with the whole experience. Just thought I'd pass it on.

Link?

http://store.apple.com/us-k12/browse/campaigns/back_to_school?Email_OID=542266&Email_PageName=P0007971-146875&cid=AOS-US-DM-P0007971-146875&cp=146875&sr=em

It talks about an online rebate for the Touch, but when I did it last year, at the Apple Store, they took care of it all in the store at the time of purchase. I did need to show proof that I homeschool, but they were very nice about it. If the link doesn't work, send me your e-mail, and I'll forward the e-mail I received from Apple.

http://store.apple.com/us-k12/browse/campaigns/back_to_school?Email_OID=542266&Email_PageName=P0007971-146875&cid=AOS-US-DM-P0007971-146875&cp=146875&sr=em

It talks about an online rebate for the Touch, but when I did it last year, at the Apple Store, they took care of it all in the store at the time of purchase. I did need to show proof that I homeschool, but they were very nice about it. If the link doesn't work, send me your e-mail, and I'll forward the e-mail I received from Apple.

What sort of proof did they accept?

I'm convinced that a lot of Apple employees were homeschooled - I've never had to show any proof for it. I always get a "that's cool - how does he like it?" kind of response.

I also never buy Apple during the first 6 or so months of every year - they have a habit of changing things significantly over the summer for the fall buying season. :001_smile:

a

I'm convinced that a lot of Apple employees were homeschooled - I've never had to show any proof for it. I always get a "that's cool - how does he like it?" kind of response.

I also never buy Apple during the first 6 or so months of every year - they have a habit of changing things significantly over the summer for the fall buying season. :001_smile:

a

Yup.... this is an invenotry clearance "sale". Changes ARE coming to the iPhone/Touch line (and other iPods). iPhones will happen in a few weeks, the Touch & rest of the lines won't probably see their updates until September if you go on the past history.

BUT, it's still a good deal.

But i'd wait till after developer's conference next week. There might be slight tweaks to computers and such :D