Menu

Geometry - what program?

I've heard Saxon Advanced Math has all the geometry a high schooler would need. My third child wants to do this program in lieu of any strict geometry program, so we are going to try it with her.

That said, we went with Jacobs Geometry with my oldest, and Teaching Textbooks Geometry with my second child (she struggled with math, but found TT much clearer - it clicked for her). Both were adequate preparation for college and/or ACT/SAT tests.

We have been extremely happy with BJU Geometry (in fact Alg. 1 & 2 also). We use the DVD program. The teacher is terrific. And I don't have to help at all. :)

Have you done Geometry recently with the newer teacher? I own Chalkdust, but my daughter has done BJU since third grade. She liked the DVDs for Algebra 1 this year, but towards the end of the year, it went a little slow for her. Does Geometry speed up a little? And, is there calculator instruction and good (but not too much) explanation for proofs? And, did you finish the book? Any other comments?

Thanks, Susan