Menu

What math is needed for SAT and ACT?

I know you can't use a calculator on the reasoning SAT (the long one - vs. the subject test) so there's no trig functions on it ;)

Actually, a student can use a calculator on the math section of the SAT; it is not permitted on any of the other subsections of the test. Here's a link to the Calculator Policy.

Regards,

Kareni

Can anyone tell me how much math is needed for the new SAT or ACT? Specifically wondering what parts of trig are necessary and any other topics that wouldn't be covered in ALG 2?

For the SAT, it's just through Alg 2. For the ACT, Trig and some PreCalc are on it. We're in an area that mainly accepts the SAT, so even though the ACT tends to be a stronger test, we didn't spend money on it.

Actually, a student can use a calculator on the math section of the SAT; it is not permitted on any of the other subsections of the test. Here's a link to the Calculator Policy.

Regards,

Kareni

Okay, sorry you're right. Friday brain fog here :) We've done too much testing this year for me to keep it all straight, sigh.:willy_nilly: