Menu

Hey Sonlighters...

I remember those. They are in my old PreK Core guide. I believe you could only get them by purchasing a Core. If I recall correctly, they were also in the old K & 1 Core guides, too (but I've since sold those, so I'm not sure). The Cores are arranged very differently now, though.

A friend of mine has printouts called "What Every Child Should Know Along the Way", "Personal Safety", "Manners", and "Practical Life Skills"

Where are these? Can I get them without buying something from Sonlight? Is it a pdf file available?

Thanks

They are part of the appendix in the IG's. I have not ever seen them available for purchase or download. I guess I never thought they were a big deal, mainly just everyday, common sense type stuff.

Have you seen them? It is stuff like: tie shoes, hop on one foot, walk on a beam with eyes closed, set the table, etc. They give a target age for when a child should be able to do these things.

I don't have them in front of me right now, but if you have other questions I can pull them out and look at them. I honestly have only glanced over them when I look through my IG and have not ever used them for anything. But if you have specific questions, I can try to answer them for you.

Awww, thanks Deece. I was just trying to see if there was a file ready to print to save myself some work. I think you're thinking about the physical skills, these are more like by Age 5

- Put Clean Clothes away

- Clean own fingernails

- Leave bathroom clean after use

etc. all the way up to Age 16 & up. Some of it is no-brainer but some of it also gets forgotten. :)

Awww, thanks Deece. I was just trying to see if there was a file ready to print to save myself some work. I think you're thinking about the physical skills, these are more like by Age 5

- Put Clean Clothes away

- Clean own fingernails

- Leave bathroom clean after use

etc. all the way up to Age 16 & up. Some of it is no-brainer but some of it also gets forgotten. :)

I know what you were talking about, it is just that I haven't looked at them in a while and couldn't quite remember all the stuff on them so I randomly tossed out what I could pull from the dusty corners of my memory. :o

Yes, I do forget some of these things and I probably should look over these lists a little more. I sometimes don't think of having my dc do some of these tasks.

Thank you for bringing this up and reminding me about them. My dc will be so happy. :D