Menu

Living Math from http://livingmath.net/

We used the first unit this year. We were kind of hit and miss with it. It was very good and we had alot of fun with it. She gives you an amazing booklist plus a list of activities to do with each chapter.

She has the first three units finished. I am hoping to do the second unit this coming year.

I bought one set of lesson plans last year, and started, but never finished. I spent a lot of time finding the resources (mostly books) and we have used a lot of these, just not with the lesson plans. I think with all the planning and prep I do for all of our other subjects, I didn't have the time to follow through. I seem to need to tweak almost everything we use.

You know there was a time when I was living at that website. I loved this program. I liked the book recommendations. I used a lot of the Greg Tang books to teach my sons addition, subtraction, and multiplication.

She also recommends some neat math game books. I remember playing games with my sons and reading math stories. I love the book that did the rhyming and told math facts in a rhyme. It was beautiful.

You can do it based on Story of the World because Julie does put the math in order based upon history.

I just slacked off and stop going to the website. So, I never got as far as my older son's third grade.

Blessings in your homeschooling journey.

Sincerely,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the first unit to go with our Ancients study next fall. We have already been doing some of what Julie recommends. My dc love Mathematicians Are People, Too. Another resource that we enjoy from the book list is Family Math: The Middle Years

I won't use the entire program, but there is a lot of good information here. It definitely makes my dc look at math in a different light than their regular curriculum, Saxon.