Menu

Quick! LL Bean Sandals: Do they hold up to boys well?

They are on sale right now.

I haven't had them, but most of the reviews I read were good.

I was thinking of trying them instead of Keens.

I like Keens, but I don't like the new style with the velcro. My son has a pair and the velcro is starting to fall apart and he has barely worn them.

They are on sale right now.

I haven't had them, but most of the reviews I read were good.

I was thinking of trying them instead of Keens.

I like Keens, but I don't like the new style with the velcro. My son has a pair and the velcro is starting to fall apart and he has barely worn them.

Yeah, I love Keens, but I can't afford 5 pair.

Here's a link, Ibbygirl.

Ohhh, I like these, but for dd. She's been picky and hard to buy for lately. She will pretty much only wear flip flops (horrible for feet), mary-jane style Crocs, and no tennies. But I need something for hiking, more rugged summer wear.

Any of you with girls that like this style of shoe?

I've never bought anything from LLBean that DIDN'T hold up well. My dh has a bean leather jacket that's literally 20 years old, and still looks like new. Go ahead and push that button!

Closed my eyes and pushed the button. I've never spent this much on shoes for them, let alone mail order. But it worked out to only $4 more than I would've spent at Payless, and I couldn't hold out for a sale at Payless because the boys need new sandals for vacation in 3 weeks. I hope I got everyone the right sizes.

Just to validate your decision to push that button - My dad noticed that his Bean boots (what are they, the Maine Guide Boot or something like that? the ones that scream "LL Bean") were finally wearing out last fall, after, like 30 years and mentioned to one of his buddies that he'd have to invest in a new pair. The buddy's girlfriend took them to Freeport with her one day, and Bean's looked them over, decided they weren't going to be able to fix them to their standard, and sent him a new pair.

They have a no-hassle, lifetime guarantee on nearly everything they sell, certainly everything that is made for them. I know people who have had holes burnt in ragged old shirts, down jackets that get torn after several seasons, etc., all replaced with no drama whatsoever.

Also, an interesting tidbit - the main store (the big store, which has been expanded quite a bit since I was a kid) has no locks on the doors. They have been open since the day L.L. first opened the doors in 1912, with two exceptions: they were evacuated during a huge fire in Freeport, and they shut down the day of L.L.'s funeral.