Menu

Ha! Guess what just came to my door?

'k, so I saw the threads here a while back about some guys selling meat from a truck, and I thought "how weird!" because I'd never heard tell of such a thing.

Two minutes ago, a knock at my door. Thought it might be dd12's friend from up the street, but nope - it's a balding guy in a camouflage jacket, holding some colourful papers in his hand. I thought he was another security guy or something (we get those here, guys going door to door selling security systems) -- nope. I opened the door and said hello and he says:

"Hi! I'm your fish & steak guy!"

...and beams at me. ---> :001_smile:

I bit my tongue so as not to laugh while sputtering out "Vegetarian!" (I am, anyway) because all I could think of was the meat truck thread here and I didn't want him to think I'd lost it - anymore so than he may already have been thinking anyway, given that I answered the door with four cats at my feet and snoopy pjs on. :tongue_smilie:

His :001_smile: went to :001_unsure: and then :001_huh: for a moment as he asked "Completely?"... I nodded and he replied with an "Oh.. okay then. Have a good day." and walked off looking like I'd told him his nose was ugly.

Poor fishguy. Maybe I should have gotten the cats a treat. Meow!

:lol:

The meat & fish guy stopped at the piano teacher's house when we were there for lessons a little while ago.

They're vegetarians, too.

But after lessons were over, I *had* to tell her about the discussion here, and the best response ever. I so know what to say if he shows up at my house!

My dh is fascinated by the meat and fish guy. He can't help but think he is getting a really good deal. If I am around I can usually convince him that it isn't a good idea. But I worry about the time that I may be gone and the meat and fish guy comes to visit.

Last weekend I had a strange guy show up and the first thing I thought was "meat man"! Before I could say, "can you not read the no soliciting sign?" he said, "I was delivering hay in the area and I noticed you had horses, do you need any hay?" I was sick and was supposed to buy hay that very day, so this man all of a sudden took on the apearance of an angel! I bought a ton of grass hay for a fair price and he stacked it neatly in my hay shed. I am glad that I was too sick to be my usual ornery self.