Menu

What's my occupation?

:confused:Since I'm running for office, I need to list an occupation. I'm not quite sure what to put in the voter's pamphlet. I have not had a "real" job for 15 years. Currently, I am hsing one dc, and teach a literature class for hsed high schoolers. Also, in recent years I have had a small business selling on Ebay, and ocassionally mystery shop and other related market research for pay, although I've been too busy to do many of those lately, but accept jobs on a freelance basis. Right now I do one maybe every other month.

So, I'm thinking of listing my current occupation as "Teacher" and "independent market research contractor". But since I don't really make much money doing either one, I don't want to be dishonest.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I would put educator and homemaker. If you're running for office people will want to know "who" you are. Being a homemaker can be viewed as just as big a plus as being any other "official" job. Some people want to vote for a candidate who is as "real" as they are. KWIM?

not only would I vote for educator, I'd eliminate all the other stuff on main literature. Share those things at a blog or website, but leave them off your main handouts.

i created a really cool little doorknob hangar for our recently elected homeschool dad for mayor:

It was one piece of regular paper, folded "hot dog" style in half.

My dh used his drill press to drill a hole about an inch and a half in diameter towards the top. i just added a quick diagonal cut to get the hangar on the doorknob.

On the "front" of the doorknob hangar I put a pic of him, his immediate positions, and a note that there was more info on the back and inside.

On the back was his bio and contact info.

Inside was a map to city hall and pertinent dates.

I printed out a couple hundred B&W right on my own computer- we got a lotta great comments on it!! I plan to use that format for other issues that require a door to door technique :D

Of course, it helps if you print all that out, THEN fold them in half and drill the holes, lol!! dh had to sandwich the stack of hangars between a couple boards clamped together. We lost a few to damage at the top [pad the top of the stack w/ about 4 blank pieces of paper if ink is an issue], but it was worth it to get the whole stack cut w/o cutting a couple hundred little circles individually. I email you what it looked like if you want :-)

GOOD LUCK!!!!