Menu

Report of Test Results- Is This Normal?

My son just finished a comprehensive neuropsych eval, including the WISC-V and Woodcock-Johnson Acheivement test. We got an 18 page report with some tables of results from the different tests, some interpretative paragraphs that included some results of subtests not included in the tables, and then some interpretation comparing the results from the different tests and giving qualitative descriptions of various screens for things like ADHD and depression and whatnot.

I think the table included all the tested sub tests of the WISC, but it definitely did not include all the details of the W-J. Is this the normal way of reporting them? I would have thought I would get the score reports from the different tests in their entirety, with the interpretative report attached. Here if I need the scores from one or the other, I don’t have a 1-2 page test score I can use - I either have an 18 page report with way more information than anyone would need (unless I was enrolling him in school and we were talking about an IEP or something), or I guess I can redact 16 pages worth of information?

I asked for, and received, a printout of the W-J score page, but it only has his initials on it apparently because of HIPPA concerns, and I am now being told they have given me all the information they can/will.

I just want the test scores in an easy-to-use format for my purposes of being in compliance with the testing law in my state (I have to send in the results), and qualification for gifted enrichment programs. Does this seem like too much to ask?

I’d appreciate any insight into what is normal before I call them back.

I asked for, and received, a printout of the W-J score page, but it only has his initials on it apparently because of HIPPA concerns, and I am now being told they have given me all the information they can/will.

I just want the test scores in an easy-to-use format for my purposes of being in compliance with the testing law in my state (I have to send in the results), and qualification for gifted enrichment programs. Does this seem like too much to ask?

My kids tester would mail or fax direct to the gifted schools if we wanted to apply to those. For them, it has nothing to do with HIPPA but with authenticity of results for outside testers. The schools have onsite testing. I know the tester would fax to my school district office relevant personnel too if we needed her to do so.

Our son did major testing a little over a year ago.  WISC-V, achievement, about five different language tests.  I have a binder of paperwork from the school!  If you aren't satisfied with the information you received I would call and talk to the psych or tester and ask questions.  They should have the information you are looking for.