Menu

Ideas for birthday at college

JeanM

My college freshman is halfway across the country and will be celebrating his birthday away from home for the first time ever. He'll be home for spring break shortly after his birthday, but I want to make his day there special. I'm trying to find a bakery that will deliver a cake, which he can share with friends. He's been having a hard time with homesickness and stress. I'm worried that his birthday will trigger more issues, so I'm looking for fun ideas to cheer him up. Any suggestions?

Could you, via cash or a gift card, sponsor some sort of outing for your Ds and a small group of friends?

Laser tag

Go Karts

Escape room

Bowling

Movie tickets

Out for pizza and a movie

Something outdoorsy

I don't know where your Ds is in school so I don't know what the weather is like or anything more specific to suggest. In my experience, boys like to have something to "do."

• Like 1

OMG, great ideas! I'm bookmarking insomnia cookies for future use, maybe finals week? I never would have thought of checking his college, but their catering will bake cakes to order. That sounds like the easiest way to get him a cake.

I'm thinking about telling him to take some friends for Chinese food, and he can charge us (via credit card).

• Like 1