Menu

Am I handling this correctly?

lexi

So I ordered a few books from Rainbow Resource. My order came yesterday with all my books. However, there were 3 things in the box that I did not order:

Scented gel pens

Metallic markers

A word search game (WordQuest)

Anyway, I called them that afternoon to let them know what happened. The lady on the phone could not even find those specific products in their inventory. I provided brand names and descriptions.

Finally she said she would have to send a call tag and arrange a UPS pickup so I could send those items back.

I have yet to receive an email with a return shipping label.

So my question is, do I seal up the box and place it on my porch with no label? Will UPS have the label?

I thought I would receive a return label to place on the box.

What do I do?

I’m really not going to spend the time to call them back and figure it all out. I spent a long time on the phone with her yesterday trying to describe the products to her.

And I have family visiting. I don’t want to worry about the box.

Am I doing the right thing? Shouldn’t I receive a label? Or will the driver have it?

Help me out please. I’m tired and pregnant and the box is stressing me out! Lol!

Update: So apparently a call tag means UPS will get the label. Well, in two days they haven’t come by to get the package off my porch. This is weird and annoying. I guess I’ll just put the package on my porch every morning this week. Sigh. Shouldn’t they have picked it up the next day (as in Friday)? Now I’m paranoid it will be stolen off my porch and I’ll be blamed for not returning the stuff.

Edited by lexi

UPS pickup won't provide a label. They will only pick up items that already been labeled with shipping paid.

I agree with katilac. You notified them of the problem. If they want the stuff back, it's their responsibility to provide you with the means to do that. At the same time, it might not be worth their time and effort to get those items back.

Also, it's entirely possible that items that have been discontinued and never sold are included as extra gifts to their customers.

• Like 2

If she issued a call tag, then ups will have the label. Amazon does that all the time, just package it up and have it waiting by the door. They will ring the bell for it and give you a receipt.

Oh ok. Thanks. I didn’t know this. And what if I’m not home? Do they just try each day?

I know in the past when I’ve done returns with other companies I’ve received an email with a label.