Menu

A thank you to all the RAs at all the colleges

JenneinCA

It has been a rough week for my oldest. She submitted a big project in the wrong format and freaked out. After I calmed her down a little and assured her that we still love her no matter what I suggested that she talk to her RA.

Her dorm is huge. It has 800 students in it. The one assigned to her floor is a young man. My daughter doesn't like talking to him about 'stuff'. But up a floor is another RA, a young woman, and she has talked to my highly stressed out kid and convinced her that the thing to do was to talk to the prof. I can not express my happiness that someone is out there and reassuring my kid that it will be okay.

I didn't much know my RA in my dorm in college. He was a nice guy that woke us up for fire alarms and knew which movie was playing on Friday night. I didn't need much more than that. But my daughter does and this RA is being there for her.

Thank you to all the RAs in the world. The worried parents are glad you are there.

• Like 18