Menu

When do your kids get their work done?

On days theyre home all morning, it needs to be done in the AM & afternoon, they have late afternoon or evening activities those days often.

On DE class or internship morning days, or volunteerimg day for younger kid, it needs to be worked on when they get home after lunch until its done, usually after dinner time.

Everything gets finished up on the weekend.

Before we started DE classes & internships, work was done every morning till complete.

No gaming or hanging out until daily work is complete, or it gets pushed off too late.

They get a daily or weekly assignment list. DE kid I just check in with daily, its up to him to plan when to do what.

I dont assign "math" during a certain time, or anything like that.

• Like 1

When they still completed all schoolwork at home, i.e. before taking college classes, school started at 8am and was done at 3pm, with a lunch break from noon to 1pm. The kids worked during this designated school time.

They were free to choose which subject to work on for how long - the only rule was that these hours had to be devoted to school.

As they started college classes and their days became more varied and fragmented, the concept of a fixed school time slowly dissolved. My DS will work on school weekday mornings, but also some over the weekend or at night - to fit school into his day with job, friends, and athletics.

We didn't really have set hours for high school, but school had to be done first. When I still had two at home, we started with Bible and one-on-one time, and then had a routine so that they didn't both need the computer or DVD at the same time etc... So, while it wasn't specific by the clock, they did have to coordinate some and couldn't expect to put everything off and then have access to certain tools when others were using them etc... Typically school was about 9-4 or so.