Menu

iPhone screen problem - streaks from water

Just Kate

I was washing dishes and my iPhone was laying next to the sink. I dripped a bit of water on the phone but didn't notice. I picked up my phone and when I looked down at it, I noticed that the screen was a tiny bit wet. I got a towel to wipe it off and decided to take the case off. Sure enough, there was a tiny bit of water inside the case. My phone works fine, but the screen is streaky now. Is there anything I can do?

I tried using a hair dryer on low heat. I also powered it off. Ugh...I hate to have to buy a new phone.

How though? The bezel is sealed and unless your phone is in a puddle of water several inches deep or you had a significant amount of water on the phone somewhere near the edges it's going to be hard for it to get up undee the glass of the screen. How much water are we talking about here? Have you checked the water sensors? (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204104)

Also, no hair dryer. Ever. Don't do that.

• Like 1

I'd be very surprised if any water got under the screen in the situation you describe. I'd clean the screen with an eyeglass cleaning wipe or a computer/electronics screen cleaning solution sprayed on a microfiber rag. My guess is what you're seeing may be dish soap residue. If your case includes a plastic type screen protector then make sure you clean both sides of it.