Menu

Quick Question - Univeral Florida and Harry Potter

mlktwins

So...I just went on-line to look at tickets for Universal Studios for our trip in November.  Just 2 weeks ago they were offering Buy 2 days Get 1 free.  Now it is Buy 2 days get 2 Free so I want to buy ASAP.  We want to spend time doing everything at the 2 parks, but the main draw for us is the Harry Potter stuff.  I know people say to get the park to park tickets, but what benefit does that give us other than the Hogwarts train between the 2 parks?  If that is really the only thing, would it be worth the extra $228 we would be paying for park-to-park tickets instead of single park tickets ($57 difference x 4 adults (if you can call an 11 year old an adult -- LOL))?

Thanks much!

Hogsmeade and Hogwarts are in Islands of Adventure, Diagon Alley is in Universal Studios.If you want the full HP World experience you'll need to have tickets to both parks. 

The Hogwarts Express allows you to go from park to park without having to exit one and enter the other. If you only choose one park, you have to choose which HP park to skip. Hogsmeade/Hogwarts is the original, but it's much more fun to be able to go to both.

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 1

Yes it is worth it. And you definitely need tickets to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios or you will be missing half of the Harry Potter experience like pp said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be getting 4 days of tickets so we would definitely be doing both parks. My question is whether the park-to-park tickets are worth the extra $200 plus we would be paying.

So the tickets can be used for either park but aren't park to park and are only one park per day? I would still spend the extra. We jumped back and forth a lot and being able to ride the train back and forth was so nice as the parks are pretty far apart. But if you aren't really into Harry Potter I could see it maybe not being worth it. Maybe you could upgrade the last day or something to park to park so you can ride it both ways?

• Like 1

So the tickets can be used for either park but aren't park to park and are only one park per day? I would still spend the extra. We jumped back and forth a lot and being able to ride the train back and forth was so nice as the parks are pretty far apart. But if you aren't really into Harry Potter I could see it maybe not being worth it. Maybe you could upgrade the last day or something to park to park so you can ride it both ways?

Yes, either park (just one a day though) for 4 days or park-to-park for 4 days.  Getting 2 days "free" either way.  We are HUGE Harry Potter fans and DH and I waited until our boys were older (they are 11) and had read all the books to go to Universal :-).  These are special promo tickets and are non-refundable and non-transferrable.  Not sure we need 4 days, but we were going to buy the 2 day get 1 free anyway.  I knew we wanted at least 3 days.  Thanks so much for you input :-)!

Ok...so I have another question for people that have done Lego Land :-). We are going to be there for 9 full days. The main focus of this trip is Universal. We have been to Disney 2 times and this will likely be our last trip there for a long while. There are certain things we want to do at each park, but a lot we all can cut out at this point.

My question is about Lego Land and how exciting (or not) would it be for 2 Lego loving 11 year olds? Especially compared to Disney and Universal? We can get the homeschool days discount so the cost would be a lot less than a day at Disney, which is why we are even thinking about it. Any opinions? We are staying off-site and will have a rental car.

Thanks again!

The $228 difference is total not per person, right? If it's per person I change my vote to no. If it's total then yes, do it.

Yes, $228 total! My DH would fall over if I was asking to do any extra $912!!! Especially considering the price of Disney tickets!

• Like 1

In UO the park to park tickets are IMO a necessity, because of being able to ride the train back and forth. But, more than that, you just might want to ride something in the other park again...

In WDW we let the ticket seller (she was from Colombia) "upsell" us to Park Hopper tickets for the 4 days. What a great investment that turned out to be!  We park hopped 2 of the 4 days and on one day we were in 4 parks. 

In UO, the ticket seller spoke with us about a priority ticket, where we would go to the head of the lines. I think it was approximately USD$100 or $150 per person? We were there on April 25th.  I said "no". My wife asked me what it was and I explained it was something we did not need. However, for someone who is there during "Peak" season, if they can afford that, it would enable them to ride many more attractions in the time they are in the parks.  

• Like 1

Also with your boys being 11, are they going to have time on their own together without mom and dad to explore, maybe after doing a couple days with everyone together? If you decide to let them do that park to park would be nice.

This made me chuckle! While DH and I would love some time alone, I know my boys will want to hang out with us. I guess we should enjoy it while it lasts :-)! One of my boys loves to explore and to see everything and will ride some of the rides, but his twin is huge on rides and will probably be with DH on most of those. If we split up, I will hang with my other son and do what he is comfortable with.

In UO the park to park tickets are IMO a necessity, because of being able to ride the train back and forth. But, more than that, you just might want to ride something in the other park again...

In WDW we let the ticket seller (she was from Colombia) "upsell" us to Park Hopper tickets for the 4 days. What a great investment that turned out to be!  We park hopped 2 of the 4 days and on one day we were in 4 parks. 

In UO, the ticket seller spoke with us about a priority ticket, where we would go to the head of the lines. I think it was approximately USD$100 or $150 per person? We were there on April 25th.  I said "no". My wife asked me what it was and I explained it was something we did not need. However, for someone who is there during "Peak" season, if they can afford that, it would enable them to ride many more attractions in the time they are in the parks.

Lanny, thanks for this. I don't think we'll need the priority ticket for UO. We are going in a fairly low time and will just plan to wait for a short while for a few rides.

I've been debating the park hoppers for our Disney tickets and your post helped me. We've been twice before with no park hoppers and that was fine. I first trip we just spent at least 2 days (I think we did 3 in MK + the MVMCP). We also did Sea World that first trip. Our last trip we spent a few days at the parks before a Disney cruise. This time around, there really are only a few things at each park everyone wants to see. I think we will pay a bit more for the park hopper advantage and work around the crowd levels.