Menu

Testing Question

Guest Mommyto3girls

Guest Mommyto3girls

Hello,

we recently moved to a state that does not require annual testing but I would like to have my students take a test at home so I can gauge where our focus should fall for the upcoming year.

We only have experience with the Woodcock Johnson...what test would you recommend we use at home just to get a general idea..

Thanks in advance:)

Jen

I've used Hewitt's PASS test, which is untimed and you place your child where the are for math, reading, and language--meaning you can give them different levels of each test.  The test is ok, not great, and quite outdated, but it was a good nonstressful introduction to testing for my kids.

I prefer the ITBS, but it is timed and you have to use one level for all subjects.  But it is a better test, IMO.

We used the Stanford 10 this year, the first time DS has taken one. I can't compare it to others and I'm no fan of standardized tests in general, but I chose it because it was not timed, could be done at home, and the results came in quickly. It was relatively painless and good practice, so it served our needs.

• Like 1

Guest Mommyto3girls

Thank you so much! I'm going to look into these:) If anyone else has a recommendation or advice please share:)

Jen