Menu

My mommy brag....

Laurel-in-CA

Just added oldest dd's web site to my siggie. She's getting her BFA in December and is job hunting (please pray; art jobs are hard to come by) as well as taking commissions. (Maybe for Christmas, hint, hint, hint?)

No, seriously, I am just amazed at her talent and excited for her future.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking good thoughts for her! 

Regarding the web site, she might consider corralling all the pieces that are for sale in one gallery (so a work might appear in Paintings, and then again in For Sale). From the main page, it's not immediately clear that her work is for sale, and if you happen to click on Fine Art first, it's not until the 9th painting that you see any reference to to this - and then it's noted Not for Sale, lol. I'm just thinking that if I stumbled across her site, and was looking to buy, I might click away before realizing she does have items for sale. 

Thinking good thoughts for her! 

Regarding the web site, she might consider corralling all the pieces that are for sale in one gallery (so a work might appear in Paintings, and then again in For Sale). From the main page, it's not immediately clear that her work is for sale, and if you happen to click on Fine Art first, it's not until the 9th painting that you see any reference to to this - and then it's noted Not for Sale, lol. I'm just thinking that if I stumbled across her site, and was looking to buy, I might click away before realizing she does have items for sale. 

Thanks. I will pass this on to her. I also suggested she put up samples of the some of the pastel portraits that she does in her kiosk at the amusement park and let people know that she works from photographs.

Praying she can find a job before graduation day (December 17th)!

Would she be interested in going to graduate school to earn a (teaching) credential to specialize in Art Therapy for Special Ed programs?

I wish there was $$ for it. As it is, she's going to focus on paying off the debt she already has first. And hopefully working to pay that off will help her clarify goals and see what she likes best to do that can make money. Her college job @ the amusement park does not pay enough to pay the bills, let alone the loans.