Menu

I need a leisure book for me

UmMusa

I can't find this one thread from a year or two ago with a lot of great suggestions for 'for fun' mamma reading.

I even checked out a few that were about some vicar... I couldn't  get into those.  I can't handle funky sci-fi or disturbing subject matter, so I need Mary Higgins Clark style novels. 

Any suggestions?

Anne Perry is similar to Mary Higgins Clark but most of her stories are set in Victorian England. Not gory and overly explicit on forensic detail.

3 series:

Charlotte and Thomas Pitt

William Monk

WWI series

Perry also has several independent books that are not part of a series

There are also mysteries by Irene Hannon and Colleen Coble written in a similar style but set in modern day times. They are Christian in tone but not overly so IMHO. Bible and God's guidance is mentioned.

I haven't read Mary Higgins Clark yet, but I'd recommend the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series.   I think they are a little more light-hearted.  They are mysteries that take place in Africa, often with sweet, poignant tales on the side.  You get to know the characters over time.