Menu

Finding a rental lament...

Mynyel

I hate trying to find a rental. It is the worst pain in the butt ever. I wish we could buy, but we can't. Not yet. We want to rent first to get a feel for the area.

AND although I know why pets aren't accepted at a lot of rentals it still makes it difficult for us because we have one.. and the darn dog doesn't do anything but sleep. Ever. I rarely hear him bark. He doesn't dig. He hasn't any vermin crawling on him. My kids have done more to the house than the dog would ever dream of.

Gah... what a pain.

I'm sorry, I feel your pain. We can't buy, either, and now that we *want* to move it's so hard to find a place. With 6 kids it's very difficult to find a place with 4 br for less than $1500. Rental prices are ridiculous, if you ask me. (Prices seem very high in the past few years, too, and I assume it's because people who own the homes have crummy mortgages and have to charge so much just to make a little profit.)

Sadly enough, the no pets in rentals issue is something I had to consider when deciding whether to stay in my marriage. Even if I had wanted to leave, when I looked at rental ads, I could not find one rental that would allow me to keep my dog. She has been my companion through thick and thin, and it would be a loss I don't think I could sustain, to leave her behind. Just as you described, my dog sleeps. Wakes up to follow me wherever I am, and then sleeps some more. I'd be glad to pay a substantial deposit, but still, no pets allowed. :-(

Commiserating with you. We had to get rid of our dog to move. Yes, it was that extreme. And the place we ended up in, ugh, no pet could make this place worse. There are hardly any rentals at all where we moved to and the ones that are here are really yucky or way above our price range (though I don't know why).

So, wish we could own again.

Hope you find something soon.

I hear you. We are renters too and we are currently living in a 2br, 900 sq ft. home. We have 3 children, one on the way. We NEED to move. However, we LOVE the place we are at, we LOVE our landlords and it's just so HARD to find a rental that fits our needs and is in our price range AND is in a safe neighborhood. *sigh*