Menu

Columbia Fleece Jackets....question

kfeusse

Well...I would consider myself a fleece expert. ha! I have many, many fleece jackets in just about every color. I am now adding to my collection the new version of fleece-like jackets that are much softer to the touch. (Kind of like going from the original throw blankets to the new ones that you just want to instantly snuggle with.) In winter I prefer the new softer versions. In summer I prefer the original version (for wearing into a restaurant, taking to Disney World for cool areas, etc.) as they are not as clingy and will repel light rain. As far as Columbia versus other brands...Every Thanksgiving Bass Pro has fleece jackets for $10. They used to sell them with an inside pocket and an outside zippered pocket. This year's models did not have the zippered pocket on the outside. I like both of those pockets for Disney World so I can keep things secure in them. I also own two Columbia fleece jackets that I paid more for. I have to say that the only one that has had an issue is the Columbia one. The zipper pull broke off. It MIGHT be very, very slightly heavier but my BP jackets have never pilled, faded or shrunk so I am sold on paying $10 for the BP ones.