Menu

Toddler is sick...how can I get him to eat?

mommyx4

My younger ds was/is like that. He is still tiny and when he is sick he doesn't eat and loses weight. I basically let him eat anything he wants. I buy popsicles and Gatorade to keep him hydrated. I think that is a bigger concern than actual food. Ice cream would get some calcium and calories in him if he won't drink milk.

Hope your little guy starts feeling better soon!

Elise in NC

My kids were sick for over a week last year with the flu. They would not eat. They are also already skinny kids. I gave them vitamins and pediasure shakes. All the shakes they would eat. I also just let them eat anything. If they wanted ice cream, they got ice cream. With the shakes and vitamins I knew they were at least getting the bare minimum of nutrients they needed. They also ate some crackers, water, and juice. Try the shakes, my kids liked the chocolate.

My younger ds was/is like that. He is still tiny and when he is sick he doesn't eat and loses weight. I basically let him eat anything he wants. I buy popsicles and Gatorade to keep him hydrated. I think that is a bigger concern than actual food. Ice cream would get some calcium and calories in him if he won't drink milk.

Hope your little guy starts feeling better soon!

Elise in NC

:iagree:

I've got a super skinny, high metabolism kid (DS1). If he gets sick it is pretty much a given that he's going to lose a couple of pounds. I keep him hydrated and if he's hungry I pretty much let him eat whatever.... which generally means he'll eventually eat a lot of a bananas and we'll make a lot of cookies.

I have skinny kids, but when they're sick my only concern is keeping them hydrated. They can eat whatever they feel like eating (or not eat), as long as they will take clear fluids. They may lose a couple pounds while they are sick, but it will come back once they get their appetites back. My dd once lived for a few days on chicken broth and gatorade. The salty chicken broth was especially satisfying to her. Jello is good too.

Does your child like chocolate? This is and excellent super food that you can mix with milk in the blender. I buy it from other sites cheaper at $20 a can.

http://store.natural...late_p_121.html

Non-GMO! NaturalNews has confirmed and has received documentation proving that the soy lecithin used in X-Balance is 100% non-GMO.

100% gluten-free.

100% vegetarian.

BENEFITS (information provided by manufacturer)

- Helps eliminate harmful toxins -The ingredients in X-Balance help support the body's natural detoxification process. Plus the added benefit of fiber to ensure proper elimination of toxins.

- Fight the common cold -The combination of ingredients in X-Balance assists the body's immune system to produce white blood cells, T-cells and Natural Killer cells for immune protection. Plus we've added prebiotics and probiotics to ensure the right balance of good bacteria in the intestines.

- Child Obesity - X-Balance has safe blood glucose balancing ingredients such as aloe vera, cinnamon, burdock root, chicory root, stevia, dandelion, and green tea that help combat high sugar diets. In addition the nutrients in X Balance help provide a sustained natural energy helping support the desire of exercise.

- Helps Fight Allergies - X-Balance has natural accruing histamines in the formula to help fight the signs of allergies.

- pH Balancing - X-Balance is loaded with alkaline forming foods that help keep your child's body pH balanced assuring the body is absorbing vital nutrients.

- Overall Good Health! - Drinking just one glass of X-Balance daily can help insure your child's body is absorbing vital nutrients, maintaining calcium levels in bones and supplying antioxidants that keep our brain functioning at a top level!