Menu

Transcript Help : How to I award credit or give grades on courses still in progress?

I am making my daughters transcripts to submit to college this week but I am unsure how to award credit or give grades to courses not yet completed. How is this done?

I just put the name of the courses that were in progress in the list with the completed courses, and I listed the number of credits they would be worth when completed. Then, in the "grade" column, I just wrote "In Progress". I did not include these credits in the "credits earned to date" tally at the bottom of the transcript.

My son was taking CC courses his senior year, and when we submitted the apps in October we didn't know which courses he was taking in the spring semester. So I left those courses off of the transcript that I sent in October. When I filed the mid-year report in January, I included those spring CC courses and their course descriptions.

HTH,

Brenda

I marked the courses with an asterix and then made a note at the bottom that the courses were "planned or in progress". This allowed us to put next semester's community college courses on the transcript. At the time, we didn't know yet if there would be schedule conflicts, hence the "planned". (Since then, we've found that they do fit, if one is a distance class.)

Nan

Instead of listing a grade in the grade column of the transcript, I used "IP" to denote classes in progress, then "X" to denote classes that my daughter is registered to take next semester. I include a key that shows what those designations mean. She hadn't registered for spring classes when I sent out our first couple of applications, so at the time, I used the X to identify courses she planned to take.