Menu

Dr. Hive...stinging pain in left side of abdomen

I have had a stinging pain off and on for a few days in my left side near my stomach/spleen area. It's not extremely painful, but more twingy feeling and not continual. I've been on a medication for the last month for the reflux I've been having for the last few months. I was concerned it was it and am just going to take something over the counter instead. I've been off for about 3 days and am still having it. I have an endoscopy on Monday, but is this something else? Should I be concerned or call the doctor before Monday. We are in a stressful time right now, too. Dh is laid off and going to school. I just started back to school with the kids. Dh and I are directing a new program, Awana, at our church and have only had 2 weeks to get it ready and learn about it. We kick-off tomorrow night.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as well as prayers!

Could it be a gall bladder thing? I have a GB loaded with stones, and I can sometimes feel it pinching a bit--almost like there's a square building block in my side. I don't have any other ideas, but if it wasn't bothering me I'd probably wait until my regular appointment. And my mom had terrible reflux in the months leading up to her recent gall bladder removal. Have you had a CT scan or any other kind of abdominal scan?

:grouphug:

Could it be a gall bladder thing? I have a GB loaded with stones, and I can sometimes feel it pinching a bit--almost like there's a square building block in my side. I don't have any other ideas, but if it wasn't bothering me I'd probably wait until my regular appointment. And my mom had terrible reflux in the months leading up to her recent gall bladder removal. Have you had a CT scan or any other kind of abdominal scan?

:grouphug:

My know that I have one gallstone that was found after my dd's birth. It was checked again after I had my ds, but it was still just the one. The pain is on my left side and very near the surface of my skin. I've always heard gallbladder pain is on the right on in the middle of your back. I haven't had any kind of scan because this just started a few days ago.

My know that I have one gallstone that was found after my dd's birth. It was checked again after I had my ds, but it was still just the one. The pain is on my left side and very near the surface of my skin. I've always heard gallbladder pain is on the right on in the middle of your back. I haven't had any kind of scan because this just started a few days ago.

Oh, sorry, I could have sworn you had said the right! Hm, I can't think of anything that might cause that on the left. How frustrating :(

Gallbladder pain can be anywhere. My first attacks were like really bad gas, all over the place, later they were higher, and the one that sent me to the hospital felt like a heart attack. I would just let them know on Monday, unless it gets really unbearable before then. :grouphug: I hope they figure it out, and it isn't too serious.

If you look at a diagram of the human digestive tract you'll see that the point where the transverse colon makes a downward turn on each side is located under the rib cage (ascending colon on the right side, descending colon on the left). I think sometimes gas can get trapped in those turns and cause pain. Note that I'm not a doc, though.

If you look at a diagram of the human digestive tract you'll see that the point where the transverse colon makes a downward turn on each side is located under the rib cage (ascending colon on the right side, descending colon on the left). I think sometimes gas can get trapped in those turns and cause pain. Note that I'm not a doc, though.

The medicine definitely cause some bowel changes, mostly to a more constipated situation. Maybe it's just from that. It's some better today, too.