Menu

Beowulf Translation Recommendation

Seamus Heaney's translation is the one we enjoyed most.

:iagree:We read it, but we also listened to Heaney's reading on a rainy night with a fire in the fireplace, candlelight, and various drinks of "mead" and spiced wine depending on one's age. I wanted to recreate the feel of why the bard's visit to town or village would have been such a big deal to the people of that time.

• 2 weeks later...
:iagree:We read it, but we also listened to Heaney's reading on a rainy night with a fire in the fireplace, candlelight, and various drinks of "mead" and spiced wine depending on one's age. I wanted to recreate the feel of why the bard's visit to town or village would have been such a big deal to the people of that time.

I love this idea! Pity I'm the only one at my house that would appreciate it at this time. :(

THIS IS WONDERFUL!

Faith