Menu

Send "harmony" please.

My kids will be on their own for much of tomorrow. Fortunately, the youngest is getting a ride in to her gymnastics class courtesy of another mother, so she'll be otherwise occupied for several hours. But, the two girls will be quite together for much of the day as well, WITHOUT ME!

I'm taking a grant writing workshop tomorrow from 9-4:00 (so I won't be here either -- sniff!). Grant writing is an area I have considered getting into more than once, and this seminar is free. I hate messing up our school routine like this, but how could I pass up such a good opportunity?!

Anyway, if you think of it, send some harmony and sisterly love our way. I have visions of arriving home to two bloody stumps! After all, they are teen and pre-teen, and I'm leaving them alone. Eeek!

...and have the whole house cleaned, all their schoolwork done and dinner cooked!

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it. :D

Just repeat to yourself, over and over: They will be fine because I have raised them well...They will be fine because...etc.

They will do great. My girls are 2 years and 3 months apart and they often surprised me at how well equipped they were. I would leave them around that age for several hours and they did beautifully. I always left them with the expectation that I expected them to do beautifully as well. If you know what I mean...;)

It's certainly not the FIRST time I've left them on their own. But, it's a first for so many hours. As it happens, this is their initiation into a whole weekend of similar arrangement. Completely unplanned that there would be so much of it in close proximity. I'll be out of town w/ my mother from Friday mid-day through Sunday, so the girls and their dad will be doing the homefront dance. Dad generally spends good portions of his weekend days at his shop, so once again, the kids are going to have a lot of independence for days in a row. The teen is more used to that -- but not alongside (and assuming a role of authority for) her sister. Today will be a good trial run!

Thanks for the good wishes. You can keep 'em coming! :)

Doran