Menu

Usbourne book sales

One thing I like is you are forever a consultant with no minimums. Be careful on what special you sign up with about any minimum purchases or you will have to pay the FULL cost of the special. My sign up special was only $25 but I needed an $80 order in 30 days. No big deal with one show!

I did make money in the beginning. My upline had a show with me and helped me through it. I had a few other orders here and there but I did not pursue this as a business.

My website renewal came up and I did do it. It wasn't much or I wouldn't have done it, lol. The online order system though ran out and I paid for longer and never used it. I tend to send people to the website. IF I offer a discount I send it to them after I get the commission check ;-)

I can always call in an order for myself and get free books. I will admit, the online order system seems to be easier to figure out the 'best' way to get the most free books. But again, it has to be paid for after a little bit of time.

If you personally want a lot of Usborne books, then sign up ! It's easy to set up the website for an e-show for friends. So it's easy to make a little money in the beginning. As a business I think it has great potential but I personally do not have the free time to do so right now.

It would be easy to lose money buying catalogs every 6 months, the new title release flyers and variety of books for shows. You have to decide how much or how little you want for the business end of things. but if you have a good local upline they will often loan you items for a show :-)

And just recently I had a random order from my website. No idea who it was, but checks in the mail always brighten my day!

Hope this helps!

I paid private school tuition and dance/YMCA classes with my Usborne checks, and got free trips to London (for me and my husband, ON my 15th anniversary!) and Hawaii.

I worked it as a business, though. Good fun. Up til the end, I never really considered it a "job."

If you scroll down the page to almost the bottom here to the pictures of the three ladies having tea, I'm the one on the left.

Everything Tess says is true. The online ordering system is $1.30 a month after your initial 3-6 months are over (depends on the kit you start with) and the website is $50 per year after what they give you with your kit (again, 3-6 months is standard).

It is what you want it to be.

Amy thanks for posting this, I'm thinking about being a consultant also. I never really thought I could "sell" something but I love these books and use them a lot for school. Wow Pam that's awesome, sounds like you had a great experience!

I did. It was awesome.

You want me to send you the same PM I sent Amy? It's Looooooong.

LOL

I'm not selling anymore, but I'm so happy on so many levels that I did.