Menu

Help. Did someone mention an online writing tutor that you pay monthly?

Well, there's WriteGuide, but I was not all that impressed by our recent experience with them. The quality of feedback probably varies according to your assigned tutor.

I recently came across Michelle Van Loon's tutoring service:

http://www.homepagewriting.com/

She does a 10-week essay tutorial for middle school students, and she will also evaluate two drafts of individual essays for a very reasonable fee. We will probably use the second option for ds next year. If you contact Michelle, she will send you a copy of the first lesson in the essay course.

Also, my girls have had a wonderful experience in Rebekah Randolph's composition courses this year(Laurel Tree Tutorials). She is probably too busy to do an individual tutorial right now, but she mentioned to me that she will have time over the summer. She can tailor a tutorial to your student's specific needs. The feedback and guidance she gives my dds with their papers has been excellent.

HTH

Edited by VBCaroline

You could try Aubrey (I think that's her name). She's on the boards here. She might be interested in the job.

Alison

:iagree: Aubrey tutored my 8th grade son for 6 months last year. I recommend her.

Let me elaborate. My son tries to write as little as possible. He can summarize an entire book in 3 sentences. Aubrey was wonderful about asking him questions, getting him to elaborate on the details. She taught 9th grade English pre-kids. She was very flexible regarding the type of work I wanted to cover. The writing was handled via email. I sent her monthly checks.

HTH!

Edited by Sue in St Pete