Menu

Transcript student address question...

All the transcript examples I have seen so far have a student address on them.

If it's a mommy-made one, then the student address is the same as the school address.

If its an umbrella one (which I have never seen), then I'm presuming the student has his home address and then there is the school address?

My question is, do you have to have the student's home address on the transcript?

What if you are moving around? Then you have all the different addresses of your different homeschools with school transfers?

When I see my college transcripts (in my fuzzy brain), I don't 'remember' my address being on it - would my address have been on that too? But what address would they have used for that - my first house, my last house, my current residence when I applied for the transcript?

Just trying to fast forward and figure out how things will work out,

Joan

All the transcript examples I have seen so far have a student address on them.

If it's a mommy-made one, then the student address is the same as the school address.

Yes, that would be correct, if there isn't an official school name. I'm guessing that the transcripts you've seen were for homeschoolers who didn't use umbrella schools.

If its an umbrella one (which I have never seen), then I'm presuming the student has his home address and then there is the school address?

The transcript from the umbrella school has the school address, but not the student's address.

My question is, do you have to have the student's home address on the transcript?

No, I did not put home addresses on the transcripts.

What if you are moving around? Then you have all the different addresses of your different homeschools with school transfers?

No, if you put your dc's address on the transcript, you would just put the most recent.

When I see my college transcripts (in my fuzzy brain), I don't 'remember' my address being on it - would my address have been on that too? But what address would they have used for that - my first house, my last house, my current residence when I applied for the transcript?

I doubt your address would have been on the transcript. If it had, it would have been the most recent, or current, address.

Edited by Ellie

We have not used an umbrella school, so we simply put our home address on our daughter's transcript.

When our daughter applied to college last year, she submitted a transcript with the application. She also was required to submit a transcript with her mid-year grades. After she had been accepted, she was required to submit her final high school transcript after classes were finished for the year. Had we moved mid-year, one those transcripts might have had a different address.

Regards,

Kareni

Thanks all of you!

Ellie - I have not seen an umbrella school transcript so that is very useful.

If umbrella schools (do 'regular' schools the same?) do not put a student address on the transcript, why do people put it on the homemade transcript?

For those who have moved - have you ever listed the different addresses of your different homeschools - or since it is the same 'school' but just has a different address you haven't bothered? (this can be more significant if there is a change of country)....

Thanks again,

Joan

For those who have moved - have you ever listed the different addresses of your different homeschools - or since it is the same 'school' but just has a different address you haven't bothered? (this can be more significant if there is a change of country)....

Thanks again,

Joan

We've moved while homeschooling a highschooler (the one whose sample transcript I sent to you). I didn't feel anyone would be interested in any previous addresses, so I wouldn't have thought to provide them. I think that would just add confusion and clutter without any benefit at all.

Since I did an "Official Homeschool Transcript" (and titled it such) we just put our home address on there. If a transcript is from a school, they would be the ones that any questions would be directed to. Since I was the authority, any questions would have to come to me so I put our address along with both her e-mail & ours.

Thanks all of you!

Ellie - I have not seen an umbrella school transcript so that is very useful.

If umbrella schools (do 'regular' schools the same?) do not put a student address on the transcript, why do people put it on the homemade transcript?

I guess because there has to be an address on there. Since there is no outside agency generating the transcript, then the student's address would be on there.

Thanks again,

Joan

I went to three junior highs and four high schools. My final transcript was generated by the school from which I graduated, and that's the address that's on there, not all the others.

Why do you think there might need to be an address for every school "attended"?

Why do you think there might need to be an address for every school "attended"?

In the Homeschool Tracker program, it has you list schools.

Plus, if we move back to the US before he finishes high school or before dd does, then an important part of their education has occurred overseas with all the language and cultural experience which is not really reflected in a French I list of a transcript.....

Thanks Ellie!

Joan