Menu

Do you struggle in the springtime?

We had an unusually bleak winter weather-wise, and we also went through a three month job lay-off for my dh. Now it is spring and even though dh is back to work and we have had some sunny weather, I am struggling with depression. We had a vacation planned and over half already paid for, but had to cancel it all in order to catch up with the cash flow issues from the lay-off. Also, a homeschool family that we were close to just moved to the other side of the continent, and we feel sad about that too. Today I ws so blue I could hardly function. We only got through half of the school day.

I'm committed as ever to homeschooling, but at the same time I'm weary of it too. My gut says that this is all normal and will pass. I know that we need a break, but we have to finish up the year first.

Aside from the personal challenges we've had that are effecting me right now, I would assume that spring can be tough for hs families. This is only our second year though, so I don't have much experience to go by.

What do you do in the spring when you feel tired and/or blue?

Blessings,

Lucinda

I think Spring is difficult for most everyone. Here in AZ, Spring is the best season, the best weather, so really difficult to concentrate on studies! One of the best things you can do when feeling down is by spending some time in the sun. Not alot of time or you'll be over-tired later. But a half hour or so can really help give you a natural dose of Vitamin D which also helps produce Seratonin, which is your brains natural 'feel good' chemical. HTH!

Yep, we have had a case of the spring-time blues too! Organizing always makes me feel better, so the last 3 weeks have been spring cleaning, and cleaning, and cleaning. I do feel better now that our classroom is all shiny and the kids closets are all neat and tidy. I think we will begin a "summer" unit on something fun to perk us all up.

I had a thought that we might take the light rail into the city today just for a change. We can walk around, go to the big library or whatever we want. It seemed like a great idea yesterday, but today it is cold, rainy and soggy outside. Maybe we'll go anyway just for the change.

Organizing sounds like a good solution for spring time blahs too. Any other thoughts from others?

Lucinda

We run our school year so we are done at the end of April.. I get terrible spring fever if I can't do what I need to do in the house and let the kids get outside the house!

We had an unusually bleak winter weather-wise, and we also went through a three month job lay-off for my dh. Now it is spring and even though dh is back to work and we have had some sunny weather, I am struggling with depression. We had a vacation planned and over half already paid for, but had to cancel it all in order to catch up with the cash flow issues from the lay-off. Also, a homeschool family that we were close to just moved to the other side of the continent, and we feel sad about that too. Today I ws so blue I could hardly function. We only got through half of the school day.

I'm committed as ever to homeschooling, but at the same time I'm weary of it too. My gut says that this is all normal and will pass. I know that we need a break, but we have to finish up the year first.

Aside from the personal challenges we've had that are effecting me right now, I would assume that spring can be tough for hs families. This is only our second year though, so I don't have much experience to go by.

What do you do in the spring when you feel tired and/or blue?

Blessings,

Lucinda