Menu

Thanks again.

To all you ladys who told me to get WWE for ds a few months back. We've been working through it at a faster pace and he has done so well. Before he could barely form a sentence on his own even after working with other programs, today he wrote a whole paragraph completely on his own with only two mistakes. This is a big deal because he struggled so much. Narrations took him a long time to write, with big struggle, and more mistakes than I could count. Now he is flying through things like it's second nature, YAY!

Danielle

We started WWE with my 9 year old about 2 months ago and I have seen huge marked improvements in his summary writing for Science. He is much more aware of sentence structure, periods, capital letters. Yay! And we are actually working at a "regular" pace. I think he needs to take his time and soak it in. He had a lot of issues that were just ingrained in him from Public School. :(

It's been great. He has absorbed it all so well and actually likes it. I was so happy to day when he sat down on his own no POS and wrote what he did. Best of all, he was so proud of himself. He really is writing without fear now.:D

For those of you who are working through WWE level 1 or 2 at a faster pace would you share how you are doing that. I have both levels, but I can't seem to find the right level and/or pace for my almost 9 year old.

Jan

With WWE1 I started by doing two pages each day, just to make sure it was fine for for him. Then three, four. We stayed at 1wk/day and were able to do it in one sitting. With WWE2 we started a bit in the same way, because it starts narration and dictation. He had done this, but I thought we would still start slow to be sure. Now we do a few pages a day depending on how he is progressing. If there is copywork followed by dictation of the same phrase I stop after the copywork. Sometimes he even asks to do one more page (can't believe it), in the case that it is dictation I tell him we will do it before bed. You kind of have to feel your way through it. Go slow enough that your child is able to absorb it, but you want him to be challenged. My ds was really good at narration and listening to the stories, then answering questions. This allowed us to go faster, his real problem was writing. He hated to write, hated copy work, and often skipped whole words without taking notice. He has shown a lot of improvement though.:D

Hope this helps.

Danielle

For those of you who are working through WWE level 1 or 2 at a faster pace would you share how you are doing that. I have both levels, but I can't seem to find the right level and/or pace for my almost 9 year old.

Jan

Jan,

Hi!

I have my 9yo doing the copywork and one narration on the same day. Basically she finished her handwriting book for the year, so she can handle doing both. Not that it is a lot of work, just that she doesn't like to write so I am careful about her writing load.

Heather