Menu

Is 19 the oldest you would want to graduate a student?

My hsed ds might graduate at 20, but I don't have any firm plans. He'll graduate when he's ready to attend community college full time or if we see he'll need to do sheltered employment. Of course, he might surprise me and start taking cc courses at 16. If you have special circumstances, I wouldn't worry about what everyone else does, do what you have to do.

Considering dh went to a college and got his highschool diploma at 24yo...I would say no limit. But, I don't know if you can legally homeschool a highschool diploma after 19.

I wouldn't have an issue with it as long as they actually completed the work. I would rather see someone finish later and actually have an education than for someone to lie and sign off on a diploma a person hadn't earned.

Considering dh went to a college and got his highschool diploma at 24yo...I would say no limit. But, I don't know if you can legally homeschool a highschool diploma after 19.

I wouldn't have an issue with it as long as they actually completed the work. I would rather see someone finish later and actually have an education than for someone to lie and sign off on a diploma a person hadn't earned.

i think anyone can earn a high school diploma at any age. It's my understanding that the law applies to compulsory education, not voluntary education. Most schools establish an age limit for admittance to *that particular school* but i don't believe that has any bearing on the existence of a school that specifically allows older high school students......