Menu

Injured neighbor (ambulance thread) needs a meal. I need ideas...

I'm thinking about taking meat, cheeses, breads fruit and a veggie tray over to my neighbor's house.

Easy access for sandwiches, quick snacks, grab-n-go, kid friendly and something light and healthy that most people like!

When I was on bedrest people brought me:

Lasagna

A roast, in a crock pot, with potatoes and carrots. It was hot and ready when we were! We returned the crockpot later.

Sour Cream Chicken in a casserole dish with baking instructions, and a side salad.

I made this for a neighbor who had just had a baby and they are still thanking me (the baby is now 2) I just did some store bought meatballs (you know the Mama Mia's in the freezer section) in the crock pot all day. Then I put it in a big gladware plastic storage thingy. Then I put subrolls in a ziplock and a package of mozz cheese slices in another ziplock. They said it was great because they could just get some out whenever anyone wanted one, but it was still a "hot" meal. It was really easy for me too.

I don't have any of my recipes (I will look up recipes online) so I am drawing a blank. Can I get your best meal gift idea?

What do you make for people you know absolutely nothing about?

They have two young children, 4/5 and 8/9ish.

Thanks so much.

Jo

My kids were thrilled with a fruit basket someone brought over while I was in the hosp. They still mention it.

I would let them know I plan on making the meal for them, and ask them if there are any foods they avoid (due to tastes or allergies). Baked chicken breasts and mixed veggies, rolls, disposable dishes, etc. were what were brought to me when I had ds (only one meal, but it was delicious). I'd choose something that I can make easily, and that others tend to make compliments about- that means there's a good chance that this family would like it (so long as it's not a food they avoid).