Menu

Read-Aloud book rave (Tripod series by John Christopher)

My kids and I are hooked. We just finished The White Mountain. It provided excellent fodder for discussing the nature and value of freedom. We can't wait to read more! We love sci-fi, anyway, but this was really well done. My oldest three were a captive audience for most of the story (ages 8, 7, and 4)--and I was interested, too! :)

We're going to back and read the prequel, which I'm glad I already checked out from the library. :tongue_smilie:

Here's the chronological order of the books (and Wikipedia entries):

:thumbup:

Wow, I wouldn't have thought of them for such a young audience. They can be pretty intense.

I first read them in late elementary school and still enjoy them. His other stuff is more depressing. And the prequel is a bit depressing too ... but at least the series ends okay.

I loved them. I wouldn't think early elementary kids would find them interesting, as they are not very fast paced, at least not the first one. But maybe I'm wrong. I have been planning on having DS read them and glad for the reminder!

Michelle T