Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

love2read

Life of Fred after Horizons math?

Has anyone used Life of Fred fractions and decimals after finishing Horizons 6? Our 6th grader rarely makes careless mistakes, so our regular pre-algebra program is really useless for her but I still want to give her a year of review but with a different approach. I'm wondering if Fred's fractions and decimals go beyond Horizons 6 or at least offer more challenging problems before I invest. They only have the first chapters online.

I'm not familiar with Horizons, but did the table of contents from the Life of Fred samples not help? If you have any specific questions, you can email the author. He's really nice and very helpful!!

We are using LOF and VideoText together. My son is doing better with the combination of the two. I think that it depends how well your child does in math. LOF is great but sometimes those of us that struggle with math concepts need the visual...that's where VideoText is helping both of us-the teacher and the student!

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin