Menu

AAS users - what size file box??

diaperjoys

We just got our AAS level 1 kit. I had a little Rubbermaid 3 x 5 index card box to put all the cards in (3" deep), and got all the cards ready, but they really fill up the box. It seems tight. Really tight. Too hard to use tight. I just scanned a few office sites online, and I don't see anything that is a good size. There are the little dinky boxes like I have, and the super long boxes, but nothing in between. What do ya'll use? Will it actually work out with a dinky box? Or is there another product out there in office land that I'm just not seeing?

I use a standard box, but I had to make some modifications. I trimmed quite a bit off the bottom of the dividers for them to fit. I pulled the last portion of the word cards out of the box and put them in a baggie, which I keep in the drawer with all of the extra tiles and markers. When I need those last cards, I pull the first part of the cards out and stick them in the baggie instead. It isn't ideal, but it works for us!

I just bought 2 of the 3" boxes from Wal-Mart, which are clear with translucent pink lids (if you look at my school supplies, it's pretty obvious I have a girl. Every supply I let her pick out is either pink or purple LOL.), and fit all the cards without having to trim them down. The green cards go in one box and all the others in the other. They fit beautifully this way. :001_smile:

Edited by Aurelia

I started with that size box. You're right, it's tight! I kept some of the "future" cards in a ziplock for a time so it wasn't so tight. Then I used an expandable recipe box for awhile (with it's own tabs built in!), and now I have 2 sets of cards for 2 kids all in one of those $1 sterilite boxes!

Merry :-)

I just bought 2 of the 3" boxes from Wal-Mart, which are clear with translucent pink lids (if you look at my school supplies, it's pretty obvious I have a girl. Every supply I let her pick out is either pink or purple LOL.), and fit all the cards without having to trim them down. The green cards go in one box and all the others in the other. They fit beautifully this way. :001_smile:

Good idea! I think I like this better than having one box. I haven't gotten mine yet so I think I'll go this route.