Menu

I need ideas...

We are hosting our 1st Galveston Art Walk event at our shop on Saturday. I want to do a cheesy, winey (Not to be mistaken with cheesy and whiney...) thing. I have a gorgeous glass platter and I'm thinking I am just going to fill it with cubed cheeses. We will also have wine served in small cups. What kind of wine? I am a value wine type of gal :D, so I really am not very educated when it comes to this type of decision. I'd like to serve something I can get at Sam's, like Yellow Tail. Chardonnay? Zin?

I havent drank wine in so long, its a distant memory. I like Zin. Can you serve both red and white. To cover all your bases.

Another idea, since you are doing a cmty. event, are there wineries w/in a 50 mi. radius. Someone to donate some wine to advertise their wineries???

I agree with trying local wines first.

If that doesn't work Sutter Home is a surprisingly good wine and I am sure Sam's would have it. It is also very inexpensive.

There are quite a few good tasting inexpensive wines at World Market. We really like their white table wine. I can't remember the name but it costs 4.99 a bottle and has a picture of a patio table and chair on the label. :001_smile:

Of course I apparently have cheap tastes so YMMV.