Menu

Saving Dinner - which titles?

I recently found a copy of Saving Dinner at our library, and I love it; what a great resource! I went to purchase it online, and found that there are several titles in the series - Saving Dinner, Saving Dinner Basics, Saving Dinner the Low-Carb Way, Saving Dinner the Vegetarian Way.

Has anyone used these books? Are the various titles significantly different from the original, or can I purchase the first one, then gradually sub recipes to fit our menu needs?

Thanks!!

Shelly

I don't have any of the books, but I used their on-line service, menu-mailer, for several months. I thought the food was good and simple to prepare. I'm not sure about the difference in the books, but their website might have more information: savingdinner.com

I had the basic Saving Dinner book, and we really liked it. Like someone else said, I don't use it for the whole week. I just can't commit to making that many new recipes each week.

I have also downloaded two e-books from them that we love. I have the Crockpot meals and the Frugal meals, and they are wonderful. The ones I bought are broken up weekly by season, and I have liked everything I have tried.

Another book that is something like that is "The Six O'Clock Scramble" by Aviva Goldfarb. I got this from my library, and it has lots of healthy dinner options that remind me of Saving Dinner.

Good luck! I don't think there is a bad choice in the bunch for these.

I have used Saving Dinner Low Carb for years now. I used it exactly has written, and it is a God-send!!!

I can spend my time cooking healthy food and eating with my family rather than pouring over menus and making shopping lists.

I never stare at the freezer at 5:30 wondering what to make anymore. We don't have emergency pizza or fast food. Saving Dinner has brought us absolute victory in the meal making area!:thumbup1:

The recipes are generally restaurant-quality for my gourmet loving husband. He is picky, and loves Saving Dinner. SD has also turned us into fish eaters.

Two thumbs up for Low Carb or regular!!!

• 4 weeks later...