Menu

Pride and Predjudice and Zombies

We have it! I haven't finished the whole thing, but my dh has been reading it aloud.

I find it hilarious. I don't know that I'll be rereading it often as I do P&P without zombies, but it's a hoot. I think two things make it more enjoyable: 1. I know P&P almost word-for-word, it also uses frequent quotations from other Austen works... so it "sounds" like Austen. 2. I know that Zombies are just... funny. Violent, yes. But funny. If you don't get that, not sure you'll like it. It's the amazing contrast of regency + zombies that just makes it splendiferous.

To get yourself in the mood, you can download "RE: Your Brains" by Jonathan Coulton and sing along. One of the greatest filk songs ever.

Or, just be like my boys (including by dh) who walked all the way to the store the other day with arms outstretched mumbling... "Brains...brains....". I was the vegetarian zombie, so I said "Grains.... grains....". :001_smile:

Still waiting for our copy, as the book is on back order. I've read that a movie deal might be in the works. The idea of a movie excites me more than the book.