Menu

Is this e-mail from Pay-Pal for real?

Guest Virginia Dawn

Guest Virginia Dawn

I've seen other's ask this question, now I am. Here is what I recieved today.

Dear PayPal ® customer,

We recently reviewed your account, and we suspect an unauthorized transaction on your account.

Protecting your account is our primary concern. As a preventive measure we have temporary limited your access to sensitive information.

Paypal features.To ensure that your account is not compromised, simply hit "Resolution Center" to confirm your identity as member of Paypal.

Login to your Paypal with your Paypal username and password.

Confirm your identity as a card memeber of Paypal.

This doesn't sound right to me, but I'll have dh check our credit card records as soon as he gets in.

It's a scam. Ignore it. Whatever you do, do not give them any information. The email you got probably looks like it came from paypal, but if you click on it, you'll see that the address it connects to is NOT paypal. It might have paypal in the name, but it's not www.paypal.com. Don't give them any info.

Ria

NEVER click links in emails that could be scammy.

Right. Just hover your mouse over the link and look at the bottom left of your screen. You'll see what it connects to at the bottom. And it ain't Paypal.

Paypal (the real one) has a link you can forward the email to (with full headers turned on, I think) to report the scam.

I've seen other's ask this question, now I am. Here is what I recieved today.

Dear PayPal ® customer,

We recently reviewed your account, and we suspect an unauthorized transaction on your account.

Protecting your account is our primary concern. As a preventive measure we have temporary limited your access to sensitive information.

Paypal features.To ensure that your account is not compromised, simply hit "Resolution Center" to confirm your identity as member of Paypal.

Login to your Paypal with your Paypal username and password.

Confirm your identity as a card memeber of Paypal.

This doesn't sound right to me, but I'll have dh check our credit card records as soon as he gets in.

nt