Menu

Wow! The little girls who broke my heart a year ago came back to me for Easter!

A year ago I was caring for three little girls who had been abused and neglected. It was a heart-breaking situation as I fought for them. Ultimately, DCFS returned them to the bad situation with their mom. I can;t describe the sadness I felt the day the social work took them crying from my home.

That was 13 months ago. Yesterday, their mother called and asked me to come get 2 of them. (The third lives with her dad now.) I was so happy to see them. They seem better off now that they were a year ago. I still have concerns, but nothing that DCFS would act on. After church today I got a desperate phone call from the father of one of the girls. He said that he had custody of her. She was only visiting her mom for the weekend and her mom decided to sign guardianship away. I finally reached the mom. She confirmed the dad's story, and I returned his daughter to him. So now I have one little lady left with me, and I don't know quite what tomorrow will bring.

It's really good to see them looking better and know that at least one of them has a daddy watching out for her. This has been an emotional Easter for us!