Menu

Texas/Oklahoma Members...

Hope you are all staying safe and breathing okay! I have three very close friends in Texas, near Dallas, who are really feeling the effects of the fires looming so close to them. My thoughts and prayers are with you all (and your forestry firefighters) tonight. :grouphug:

There was a very smoky haze over the full moon last night and smoke smell in the air.

How sad is it that I didn't turn the tv on yesterday and didn't know there were fires around? I grew up in Lubbock and the brown, nasty sky is pretty normal out there. I just assumed it was dirt.

Going to check a news website and see what's happening in the world....

How sad is it that I didn't turn the tv on yesterday and didn't know there were fires around? I grew up in Lubbock and the brown, nasty sky is pretty normal out there. I just assumed it was dirt.

Going to check a news website and see what's happening in the world....

Part of what was in my air yesterday was not only smoke, but pieces of Lubbock rushing by. :D Nasty winds...and we were lucky enough to be playing baseball in it.

I grew up in Lubbock (Coronado '75 and Lubbock Christian). I remember the spring winds and the lovely color of the sky.

My good friend in Denton said she could see ash falling on her car. :( I can't even imagine how awful it smells and such. I pray the rain comes soon. We are having rain right now...I will send it your way. ;)

Oh! You know people in Denton! I'll bet there's no one in that town that I'm more than 2 or maybe 3 degrees separated from!

Wow - I am not that close to Denton (it is about 45 minutes away depending on traffic). We live in Plano, just north of Dallas. I see that down in the Fort Worth area there are some issues, but nothing up here.

I feel for the folks near the fires. That is scary stuff....