Menu

Royal Fireworks Press novels-any good?

Jen500

I bought the 3-4 pack and the 5-6 pack. My kids have only read 2 books so far - The Eerie Canal and Jake's the Name, Sixth Grade's the Game. They enjoyed the books. We had just read The Eerie Canal book from Sonlight, and they thought the RFP book was much more interesting. I haven't read them though. I do like the questions listed in the Suppose the Wolf Were an Octopus books...we have had some good discussions. In fact, I'm thinking of using these books and the questions as part of (or the main part of) our family book club.

Lisa

• 1 month later...
I am looking at some of the books covered in the Suppose the Wolf Were an Octopus series. Did your kids enjoy the RFP books? Are they worth buying?

Thanks for the input, Lisa. I'm still thinking about it.....:)

Jen, did you ever decide whether to go ahead and order the books or not? I'm wondering because I've been pondering the same question. ;)

Anyone else want to chime in here?? :D

Jen, did you ever decide whether to go ahead and order the books or not? I'm wondering because I've been pondering the same question. ;)

Anyone else want to chime in here?? :D

Yes, I did get the 5/6 grade 'boys' selection and the Suppose the Wolf...book. We've only read and discussed one book- The Dragon Charmer. We all enjoyed the book, and my dc loved that we were able to have a discussion w/the 3 of us.

The next book I looked at was Introducing: Milton S. Tipple, and I could not read it because of the lack of commas throughout most of the book. (reminded me of the book Eats, Shoots and Leaves LOL)

The rest of the books look ok though. Most of them aren't very long, but that's ok for us, because I was looking for books that I could read in a day. I can't keep up with my dc's reading!