Menu

Gulp. I have a job interview in a few days!

Ria

It's for a pharmacy tech job, part-time. I think this would be a great fit for me since I enjoy all things medical. The hours will allow me to be home when the boys get home from school.

I'm not too worried about the actual interview - I was a biology major, and that's got to be a plus considering you don't need a degree or anything for the job.

But ladies....what on earth do I wear? Would khaki slacks, black loafers, and a nice shirt be okay? I don't have to wear a skirt, do I? I think I'd be overdressed. Help!

Ria

I am sorry that I won't be much help to you. It has been ages ago when I had my formal job interview. I wore a dress (skirt and top). I would dress up the shirt a bit maybe a nice blouse instead of regular shirt?? Feminine blouse would be the way to go perhaps? Maybe dressy shoes with the slacks. That way it is more neutral than either way? Again I am not much help.

I pray that all goes well for you though. (((((hugs))))

Holly

It's for a pharmacy tech job, part-time. I think this would be a great fit for me since I enjoy all things medical. The hours will allow me to be home when the boys get home from school.

I'm not too worried about the actual interview - I was a biology major, and that's got to be a plus considering you don't need a degree or anything for the job.

But ladies....what on earth do I wear? Would khaki slacks, black loafers, and a nice shirt be okay? I don't have to wear a skirt, do I? I think I'd be overdressed. Help!

Ria

perfectly fine as long as it looks professional.

Congratulations! Hope you get the job. Is the pharma tech the one that doles out the pills? That's a power position, you know? LOL

I don't know if I'll be any help or not, I panic when I have to find something to wear other than jeans and a t-shirt. I don't think you need to wear a skirt. I would probably go with black or navy slacks, and a nice shirt or blouse, rather than khaki. BUT, if you have a really nice shirt that is a little dressy, the khaki's would probably be fine.

Did that help? Probably not! Good Luck- I hope you get the job!

...for an art teaching position at a local private Christian school. I am wearing a black/brown/tan print skirt and an off-white dressy'ish twin set (shell and matching sweater). I chose the skirt because of the school's dress code, but for any teaching position I have interviewed for I have always worn a dress with a business-type jacket or a skirt. For your situation I would wear a dark colored dress slack with matching sensible shoes and a twin set or shell with simple jacket sort of look. In my opinion, unless you are interviewing for a cashier position at Wal*Mart, you need to dress in interview appropriate attire. You don't want to over dress, but the outfit should show you are serious about the position.

Best of luck!