Menu

college admit news

I haven't been on the boards much lately, but for those of you who remember me - my son Alex has been admitted to the University of Washington - and, more exciting for us - has received an offer of appointment to the United States Air Force Academy.

Many thanks to all those on these boards who encouraged me through the high school years. Alex was homeschooled COMPLETELY through his junior year and is now finishing his second year of our state-funded dual enrollment program at a community college.

This is where he has wanted to be for over ten years!

I am sure there have been many happy admissions decisions this spring - congrats to all. It really feels good, doesn't it?

Kate in Seattle

, more exciting for us - has received an offer of appointment to the United States Air Force Academy.

Congratulations to you and your son!

A very good friend of ours, and fellow homeschooler here in DE daughter is headed to the USAFA. Has Alex made a decision?

Carole

I haven't been on the boards much lately, but for those of you who remember me - my son Alex has been admitted to the University of Washington - and, more exciting for us - has received an offer of appointment to the United States Air Force Academy.

Many thanks to all those on these boards who encouraged me through the high school years. Alex was homeschooled COMPLETELY through his junior year and is now finishing his second year of our state-funded dual enrollment program at a community college.

This is where he has wanted to be for over ten years!

I am sure there have been many happy admissions decisions this spring - congrats to all. It really feels good, doesn't it?

Kate in Seattle

I remember you and have paid attention to your posts. Congratulations!! I love reading stories like this, it helps me to keep going!