Menu

Seed and Bulb Catalogs

My dad is a Master Gardener, and has always had great and consistent results using both seeds and bulbs from Burpee.

I usually get my seeds from Territorial, though I usually go down to the garden store to purchase their seeds. We are in the PNW, however, as is the seed company, and their seeds are grown and tested in this specific climate.

Another source for seeds and bulbs that work well in your area is your local garden store. I'm thinking more along the lines of an actual gardens tore that works with local nurseries, rather than the garden section at Home Depot or Walmart. Someone there should be able to tell you what will grow best in your area, and if there are seed companies that will supply seeds and bulbs that grow particularly well in your area. Usually the people helping in the garden store love to talk gardening. I let my boys choose some bulbs on our last trip to the garden store and the man at the register gave them a couple tips on helping them to grow well.

I just came in from planting onions, peas and spinach in my garden. :)

Cat

Can anyone recommend reputable seed and/or bulb catalogs?

I am especially interested in bulbs.

How do I know who to order from?

Thanks!

Rebecca

Google "Heritage Seeds". I have heard they are great and have ordered their catalog. However, in the past I have ordered from Territorial Seeds as well. Their products always work great for us. We live in Northern CA.