Menu

TOG users, what do you use for Bible during year 2?

Quiver0f10

I'm thinking about using Lamp and Quill. Here is an article with a link to their website: http://www.thehomeschoolmagazine.com/Homeschool_Reviews/2426.php

[ETA: I was thinking of starting with their Year 4 set for TOG Y2. Lamp & Quill would be a great curriculum for incorporating all your kids with you or your dh as the "leader"]

Edited by Melissa in CA

I never studied the bible to follow what time period I'm in, but year 1 had so much bible reading we didn't do a "study".

For bible study we like Explorers bible study. Its set up like bible study fellowship. You have a little to do each day of the week 5 days a week. You could use Faith at work, that would cover Romans,Galatians and James.

Explorers bible study

and here is the scope and sequence: S&S

If you add a Bible study in year 2 what do you use? I'd like something we can do as a family. Thanks!

I have, I used a few with my son when he was younger... maybe 11 or 12.... (he is 19 now)He didn't like them... then again he also didn't mind them... I think because of his age or where he was at is why he didn't care for it... kiddish for him... they are good studies...

*Ü*

I've tossed around the thought of Kay Arthur inductive Bible studies. You can find some titles here for kids:

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/cms_content?page=10547&sp=1023

Has anyone done these? I have her inductive study Bible and it really helps me to really study to understand and apply what I've read.

Beth

Yes, my son has completed a couple of these. He liked them very much! They would work well for the ages of your older two, but you will need to purchase several to complete a years worth of study. I can't find where my son put his books, but I recall them having about ten lessons per book, equaling ten weeks worth of bible study. You would need at least three to four books for each child per year and you write IN them, which makes them hard to use with future children. I do highly recommend them though! Great for those with just a few kiddos, but not so good when you have a Quiver of 10. ;) :lol:

I have, I used a few with my son when he was younger... maybe 11 or 12.... (he is 19 now)He didn't like them... then again he also didn't mind them... I think because of his age or where he was at is why he didn't care for it... kiddish for him... they are good studies...

*Ü*

:iagree: They may seem kiddish to an 11-12 year old. My son used them when he was 9-10...I have not considered them for him now because I think he would find them beneath him. He thinks he's quite mature you know. :blink: :lol: I believe that comes from having such older brothers...he actually enjoys friendships with older children more so than those his own age. He finds them "immature" It's been rather hard keeping him young. :001_huh:

We've been using Bible Study Guide for All Ages. (We actually used that in Y1 since TOG's Bible was more history than Bible for us.)

Same here, I am enjoying it more than I thought I would. I almost went with L&Q because it is straight through the Bible, but now that I am using it I like the sequence of BSGFAA. It has just big enough chunks to be coherent, but changes often enough that you don't get bored or tired of things.

Heather