Menu

I just want to cuss

DH laid down his motorcycle last night. Broken thumb, road rash knees, but otherwise he's fine. Thank God. But I have just absolutely hit my limit. I'm not freaking out on the outside. Nope, outwardly I'm just fine. And to tell the truth, there's not much to freak out about. Everything is fine. But somewhere in my brain, I have been screaming at the top of my lungs All. Day. Long. My house is still in stacks of stuff because we just moved in. My 8yo is still recovering from his surgery in January. I am running kids to sports stuff 5 days a week because we just moved here and I want them to make connections. We have an incredibly supportive congregation who has bent over backwards for us. We have been under such relentless spiritual attack since taking on this position. I cannot even explain how oppressive it has been. I am just so fully confident that God is with us here, but dang I wish ministry wasn't such a war field. I wish I could just have a toddler sized tantrum. I am so worn out. And if somebody tells me what great schools they have here one more time, I might spit. *If* I wanted to, for the first time I could send every single one of my kids off to school next year. it's tempting.

ok. I got it out of my system. Let's see if that helps....

(((Shannon))), you've got so much going on, no wonder a big ol' scream is rising within you. But hey ~ HEY! Look at this! Even amidst the stress, you're still cool enough to say your dh "laid down" his motorcycle. Not "crashed". Not "had an accident". Just "laid down" the bike. The epitome of a rational woman, even when feeling justifiably irrational.

Keep on keeping on, girlfriend, and know you're a blessing to many.

Years ago, B.C., dh "laid down" his motorcycle to avoid being hit by a driver :glare: We had a deal and dh sold his motorcycle right after our firstborn was born. I'm glad that he has only minor injuries. Moving is such a stressful thing and an ill child is emotionally and physically exhausting for moms. Hang in there :)

I think sometimes you just need to get some of the frustrations out in the open where you can turn them over, shake them out, see how shaby they are in the light of day and then deal with them.

Last week I was pretty moppy. The kids have been low grade sick (you know, not enough to completely call off school but enough to make it hard to get things done). And I found out that a college friend died last fall in a diving accident. He was one of the upper classmen who trained me in my first months at the Naval Academy. He was a great guy who just lit up a room. He was a marine who seems to have been well liked and admired by many he served with. He left kids, one of whom is about the age of my middle son. And his death was very avoidable.

I finally mentioned it to dh last night and it was good to just express my pain over this. DH had some good thoughts about the situation and it was good to just share it.

I find when I move that it things much more stressful, in part because I don't have good confidential relationships built up and some things are hard to do long distance.